“According to Ayurveda, substances which are sweet, unctuous, nourishing, heavy and which can cause excitement of the mind are aphrodisiacs. Have milk products and meat-based soups regularly. Fish in general are aphrodisiac but rohu fish (carp) cooked with ghee is the most aphrodisiac food. One who takes it regularly does not suffer from sexual debility and low sperm count.”
Avoid foods in excess of salty, sour and pungent tastes.
All meals should be cooked well, warm, spiced appropriately and gooey with ghee.
Grains and grain based snacks:
- Rice cooked with ghee and spices (you can add them after)
- Gluten free toast with ghee and honey or tahini and maple syrup
- Barley Soup --- Use chicken or turkey instead of beef
- Amaranth or quinoa: use in soups or as breakfast porridge with seeds, almond milk, honey, and raisins/cranberries
Whole fruits or the juices of mango, plum, pomegranates, dates and grapes.
Spices: Aniseed, nutmeg, cardamom, garlic, cinnamon, clove, coriander, fennel, mustard, basil, ginger, black pepper, sesame, and saffron. These are loaded with antioxidants, which are great for overall health, including libido.
Vegetables: carrots, dark leafy greens such as dandelion/spinach/kale/arugula/chard/beet greens-- just make sure they are well spiced and cooked thoroughly, broccoli, onion, garlic
Protein: Lean, light meat like turkey and chicken are best. Fish and oysters also help in sexual health. Men’s erections require a steady release of nitric oxide. The omega-3s found in fish are one of the most proven nutritional paths to heart health and help in blood circulation.
Date Sesame Cookies Ingredients:
- 1 cup chopped Medjool dates
- 1 cup walnuts, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds (you can mix them in equal parts to make a cup or choose your favorites of the three)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, plus more for coating
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice mix
Directions: In the bowl or a food processor combine dates and walnuts and process until finely chopped and sticking together, about 1 minute 30 seconds. Add coconut flakes, honey, sesame seeds, salt, herbs/spices--pulse until forms a thick paste, about 1 minute more.
Fill a small shallow bowl with sesame seeds. Scooped a rounded tablespoon of paste and roll into a ball using your hands. Roll ball in sesame seeds to cover and place on a plate. Repeat with remaining paste. Let cookies chill in refrigerator until snack time but try not to eat them cold.
- Ghee (melted), 1 cup
- Saffron, pinch
- Cinnamon, pinch
- Cardamom, pinch
Fill a jar with the dates. Melt the ghee on the stove, mixing in the spices. Pour the ghee over the dates and store on the counter. Enjoy a date every morning!
*Photo by Monika Grabkowska on Unsplash